Monday, January 5, 2015

Masters of Photography Project Reflection

1. How do you think your project represents your work as a student?
I think this project shows that I take sort of a unique approach to photography, and that I use what I have to complete photography projects. I don't take the best pictures, but I think I did a good enough job to show other people Carleton Watkins's photography style.


2. How has your understanding of photography changed during this school year?
Before, I thought photography was mostly about editing in Photoshop, but I learned throughout the first half of the year that there is more than that. For example, there are a bunch of rules of composition that photographers use, and there are many, many different styles of photography.


3. What are some of the benefits of working in a group?
Working in a group  is definitely helpful when we have questions because we can just ask our group members. We all help each other out, and it's pretty cool talking to Estell, Briant, and Tommy.


4. What are some of the disadvantages of working in a group?
Sometimes people do their own stuff instead of working on projects, but that's not really a huge issue in my opinion. Maybe they worked ahead or they're working on it at home, so I don't really care about what they do unless they don't finish their project or if they ask me a question.

5. Now that you have had more time to reflect, is there anything that you would have done differently with your recent project?
I wish I took more pictures of nature because that was definitely a huge focus of Carleton Watkins. Unfortunately, I didn't have any time to go to a natural park such as Yosemite and take pictures, so I had to improvise and work with what I had.

6. Is there anything else that you want to include? 

I loved doing this project, and I was truly inspired by Carleton Watkins's work. I completely understand why he is considered a master photographer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment